Robotics Leader - Engineering Excellence, Laing O'Rourke
Robotics - stream
Discover how advances in cognitive computing, artificial intelligence and autonomous machinery are going to change the way we live and work over the next decade. Join leading robotics engineers, heads of industry, researchers and entrepreneurs as they bring the future to you in this captivating and unique on-stage experience.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA
Who should attend:
- Robotics Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Robotics Software Designer
- Researcher – Robotics / AI
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Learn how emerging robotics technology can enhance your operations
- Discover cost effective robotics solutions
- Develop an automation implementation plan to anchor your investments
- Gain insights into important regulatory and safety considerations
- Network with likeminded executives and robotics experts
Thursday, 30 March 2017
Chairperson: Ian Aitken, CEO, Unisono4:10 | Haptically Enabled Teleoperations
- Discover how Deakin University’s new technology improves access to diagnostic tools
- Uncover the applications of haptically enabled robots in teleoperations
- Creating new jobs in high technology diagnosis, maintenance and research and development
Prof. Saeid Nahavandi, Director of Institute for Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation (IISRI), Deakin University4:30 | Fireside Chat: Leadership in the Disruptive Field of Social Robotics
A new research initiative conducted by UTS, the Commonwealth Bank (CBA) and its customer Stockland, will identify opportunities and limitations in human-robot interaction.
- What are the commercial applications of social robotics across a number of industries?
- What impact will social robotics will have on the lives of people, customers and industries?
- Who is CHIP? And what can he do?
- Why might CHIP have the key to transforming the way they do business?
Prof. Mary-Anne Williams, Director of Disruptive Innovation & Founder & Director, Innovation and Enterprise Research Laboratory (The Magic Lab), UTS
William Judge, Innovation Solutions Manager, Commonwealth Bank
- Dispelling myths about robotics with real world examples and contemporary academic thinking
- Exploring why robots have not yet reached mass adoption
- Principles to create robotics that people, business, the world demands!
Dr. Nathan Kirchner, Future Robotics Programme Lead - Engineering Excellence, Laing O'Rourke5:10 | Robots and the Future of Road Construction
- Improving safety and performance in the construction industry
- Optimising road construction practices with the use of drones, robots and IoT technology
- Overcoming common robotics issues and industry hurdles to develop autonomous road construction teams
Luke Cole, Chief Technology Officer, ColeTek