Entrepreneur brings innovative thinkers together with established startup founders, incubators, investors and leading business minds to pave a path to successful growth of ideas. This stream will enable those beginning their startup journey to understand and overcome challenges as they take their idea from concept to creation. Entrepreneur will tie in with our pitching contest on the Connect Expo show floor and deliver an all-encompassing roadmap for innovators.
Co-Founder & CEO, Hyper Anna
CEO and Co-founder at The Beanstalk Factory, Thought Leader, Chairman StartupAus & LifeTime Board Advisor at Fishburners
A/Head, Research and Development, Digital Network, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Founder and Executive Director, Envato | Victorian Business Woman of the Year 2015
Managing Director & Co-Founder, Sanctuary Digital
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA
Who should attend:
- Startup Founders
- R&D professionals
- Bring your innovation to life with the access to Australia's most prolific incubators and investors
- Learn the essentials to survive the first two years of operation
- Uncover and avoid obstacles that derail hundreds of startups annually
- Visualise how your idea could be transformed into the Next Big Thing
- Discover how to capitalise on your ideas point of difference from other companies and products in the market
Thursday, 30 March 2017
1:50 | The Early Days of an Entrepreneur to Becoming the Biggest and Best
- Where to start and what to avoid- keeping it simple
- Uncovering unconscious bias and diversity in 2017
Cyan Taéed, Founder and Executive Director, Envato | Victorian Business Woman of the Year 2015
2:30 | Moving your Project from Alpha to Beta
- Key considerations as your idea matures
- How to balance your resources against your budgets
Natalie Nguyen, Chief Executive Officer, Hyper Anna
2:50 | Lessons Learnt from a Serial Entrepreneur
- Common mistakes entrepreneurs make
- How to keep yourself inspired
- Boot strapping vs obtaining funding
Peter Bradd, CEO and Co-founder at The Beanstalk Factory, Thought Leader, Chairman StartupAus & LifeTime Board Advisor at Fishburners
3:10 | Smoke & Mirrors - How do you project futures that don’t exist yet?
- Megatrends- What technological trends should I look out for?
- Human-centred design (HCD) - How do ABC Research and Development discover opportunities?
- Examples of envisioning- how could you make emerging futures feel real today?
Jo Szczepanska, R+D Team Honorary Member, Australian Broadcasting Corporation & Lead Service Designer, Thick