Lifetime Member ITS, Standards Australia IT-023 Transport Information Control Systems
Autonomous Vehicles - stream
This stream will explore the effect autonomous vehicles will have on industry and society as a whole. Join experts from the automotive industry, researchers, roads and traffic authorities and heads of transport and logistics to learn how advances in lidar, radar, GPS, SBAS, odometry and computer vision are enhancing autonomous vehicle safety and bringing us closer to a world of intelligent transport.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA
Who should attend:
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government departments and regulators
- Insurance companies
- Local councils
- Toll road operators
- Freight & logistics companies
- Emergency services
- Taxi industry
- Learn about recent developments in the field of vehicle automation research and development
- Uncover how autonomous vehicles will fundamentally change society
- Explore different levels of autonomy for vehicles and how and when these will be achieved
- Gain a better understanding of the implications self-driving vehicles will have on future city planning
- Gain insights into how safety concerns and improvement opportunities will be key drivers of the self-driving revolution
Wednesday, 29 March 2017
Chairperson: Laurie Patton, Public interest advocacy and communications practitioner4:10 | Accelerating the Safe and Successful Introduction of Driverless Vehicles into Australian Roads
- How autonomous vehicles will improve road safety, reduce emissions, and ease congestion
- Evolving transport systems to deriving economic, environmental and social benefits
- Australia's roadmap - Moving from partial automation to conditional automation and beyond
Samantha Taylor, Principal Adviser, Australian Road Research Board (ARRB)4:30 | It All Starts with Regional and Rural Freight
- Uncovering initiatives that are being undertaken to deliver autonomy in freight
- What challenges will we face on the road to driverless freight?
- How can Australia benefit from the development of autonomous heavy vehicles?
- How should you prepare for the future?
Chris Skinner, Lifetime Member ITS, Standards Australia IT-023 Transport Information Control Systems4:50 | Uncovering the future of Autonomous Vehicles
- How will driverless cars create smarter cities?
- Revealing the cultural shift that over 90,000 Australians have already realised
- School of thought: Where will driverless cars lead us?
Justin Passaportis, General Manager, GoGet