A deep dive look at data analytics technologies and techniques that are driving organisational intelligence. Learn the difference between available platforms, emerging predictive analytics trends and techniques to analyse disparate data to draw meaningful business outcomes, how to leverage big data and best practice to mitigate security and privacy risks. If you make business decisions within a data-driven organisations, the Analytics stream is for you.
DR CATHERINE BALL
Innovator, Scientist and Technologist
Director Emerging Data & Methods,
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Senior Director, Analytics and Information Management, Boeing
DR IAN OPPERMANN
CEO and Chief Data Scientist,
NSW Data Analytics Centre
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA
Who should attend:
- Data Scientists
- Head of Machine Learning
- Head of Data Engineering
- Head of Data Analytics
- Learn how to build a Data-Driven organisation
- Hear global case studies from a broad cross-section of industries
- Understand how to leverage your data to make important business-case decisions
- Learn how to develop easily comprehensible analysis outcomes
- Gain insight into privacy issues that must be considered when innovating with data
- Understand how to bring disparate data sources together to create meaningful conclusions
Wednesday, 29 March 2017
2:10 | Drawing Actionable Insights from Publicly Accessible Data
- How have open data networks assisted government, industry and academics
- How can Australian's find and use the Government's open data?
- How has the Department of Social Services helped Australians with open data?
Ric Clarke, Director Emerging Data Methods, Australian Bureau of Statistics
2:50 | Drawing Data from Disparate Emerging TechnologiesWhere will you be collecting data from in 2020?
How can you ensure that you data sets can be analysed together?
How to leverage emerging technologies to derive value from your data outcomes
Dr Catherine Ball, Innovator, Scientist and Technologist
3:10 | Innovative and Tailored Solutions Using Data Analytics
- How to create meaningful data from your existing resources
- Using data to achieve outstanding business outcomes
- Case study evidence of best practice techniques
Dr Ian Oppermann, CEO and Chief Data Scientist, NSW Data Analytics Centre
3:30 | Case Study: How Boeing are Leveraging the Data it Collects from Connected Devices
- Implementing an effective IoT environment for data collection
- How is Boeing bringing together disparate data sets for greater business insight?
- Examples of IoT being used to enhance data analytics at Boeing
Harish Rao, Senior Director, Analytics and Information Management, Boeing